Pilates is a gentle form of exercise for everyone. It can help restore muscle imbalance, tone the whole body, correct postural defects, core stability, flexibility and can help back pain. Pilates can also help to reduce stress levels, making you will feel serene afterwards. Pilates can be a really effective addition to any rehabilitation programme alongside chiropractic and physiotherapy.
The Pilates Principles:
- Relaxation – Awareness of tension of mind and body and how to release it
- Alignment – Good alignment helps the whole body – all parts placed correctly
- Breathing – Can help to strengthen the abdominals, and energise the body
- Centring – Stabilises – attention to abdominal area
- Flow – Free flowing movement helping to rid the body of tension
- Focus – Ability to focus on the body parts in isolation
- Control – Each Pilates exercises to be executed with awareness of muscular control
- Precision – Executing each exercise with accuracy
- Stamina – Muscle endurance and strength
Benefits of Pilates
- Promotes body awareness
- Develops good alignment and awareness at all times
- Improves posture
- Increases energy
- Can help to promote weight loss and a long lean appearance
- Pilates is for everyone and can be easily adapted to suit the individual
- Can help to relieve back pain and general aches and pains
- Increases your ability to go about your activities of daily living
- Strengthen core muscles and therefore stability within the body
- Relieves stress levels and improve self esteem and confidence
Postural analysis and biomechanical testing performed initially to help with identifying any possible restrictions within the body and based on the result prescriptive exercises tailored to your needs.
As any restrictions are resolved conditioning and core work will be incorporated into sessions, which will be tailored towards your needs.
£55.00 for the initial session (90 minutes) and then £43.00 (60 minutes) thereafter. I can also cater for SMALL Groups* (4 people) and you can split the cost amongst your friends.
*Ask for details
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ? Mobile: 07790 059227 ? Website: isabalance.co.uk
For any further information please call us on:
Start Your Enquiry
Fill out the details below to start an enquiry: